Saturday, September 6, 2014

Tea Light Holder / Box

Earlier this week I made these adorable Tea Light Holders / boxes. I looked around for a tutorial or template but came up empty all the others I found were designed for a different type of tea light ( metal frame) so I decided to just create my own. Here's what I made and of course I love showcasing two samples. How do you think they turned out??






Now here's a quick template.


Start with two pieces of cardstock 1 at 
5 3/4" × 3 1/4" and 1 at 4 7/8" × 2 1/4"

Here is where you would do your stamping.


A little bit of scoring.

-For the larger piece. With your 5 3/4" side at the top of score board score at 3/4", 2 1/2", 3 1/4" and 5.
-Turn so that the 3 1/4" side is now at top. Score at 3/4" and 2 1/2".

-for smaller piece. With your 4 7/8" at top. Score at 2" and 2 7/8"


Now it's time for some trimming.

Trim along the score lines shown above in picture making small wedges ( for a better closure).



You should end up with this. 

Fold along all score line. (Use bone folder)

Adhere your box together.

Now decorate as your heart desires!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment