Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pleasant Poppies with Sympathy PCCCS113

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!! I had a long and eventful weekend. We did some Christmas shopping, a company picnic and miniature golfing. I loved every second of it!!!

Here is a card I did for The Paper Craft Crew sketch .


I will admit I am not a fan of making "Sympathy" cards but, after stamping and coloring the poppies I felt that is the direction this card needed to go. Here's what I did.

I stamped the image with stazon on whisper white CS. Colored them with my Stampin' Write markers in calypso coral, blushing bride, pool party and pear pizzazz. After completely dry I used clear stampin emboss powder to cover the entire image. Heat set it. For the background I covered the bottom portion (grass) with a post it. With a stampin sponge I colored in the sky from lightest to darkest in soft sky, marina mist and Pacific point. The covered the top portion (sky) with the post it did the same technique using old olive, wild wasabi and mossy meadow. 





I matted it on a blushing bride piece. Wrapped it around with bakers twine. Tied a bow. For the sentiment I stamped it in basic grey on whisper white. Using my decorative label punch punched it out with the sentiment centered towards the bottom attached punch out to a post it put it back in punch. This time centering towards top. Adhered it to a piece of blushing bride CS. Repeated punch process. Using a clothes pin pinned it to backer's twine. Adhered pieces together on a basic grey card base. Added some pearls. Rounded edges and "viola"....


This is the sketch we were given.

Hope you all like it!!!!
-Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment