Thursday, October 16, 2014

So Thankful !! card / CAS(E) this sketch #96

Today, I am trying out a new challenge from CAS(E) this sketch . Clean and simple cards are something admittedly a struggle for me ( I never know when enough is enough). This challenge is just that...a challenge for me. Surprisingly it wasn't that difficult thanks to the Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp set I received yesterday. It is perfect.

Here's my card!!! Hope you guys (gals) like it.


So, Here's a thought...just because the stamp set is from project life does not mean that's all you can use it for. This set is great for what its meant to do but also, cards, tags, treat boxes and a ton of others.

Here's what I did:

Starting with a whisper white card base measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4". Stamped the Hardwood background stamp in Sahara sand about 1" in.
Using the small leaf in the PL Holiday Cheer set stamped randomly over the Hardwood in tangerine tango, old olive and cherry cobbler.
From the same set stamped "so thankful" in cherry cobbler towards the right side.
Wrapped black bakers twine (leftover from September 2014 paper pumpkin) 3x around, tied in a bow.
Used mini glue dots to adhere sequence (also, leftovers from PP) randomly to card and done. Easy peasy right???

The awesome thing about this set is it comes with stamps for not only fall but, also Halloween and Christmas.

I'm thinking of making a bunch of these to give out.



No comments:

Post a Comment